• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thoughts on Disruption/Broken recovery...
09-11-2022, 11:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-11-2022, 11:44 PM by MisterMark.)
Thoughts on Disruption/Broken recovery...
From the manual there is a somewhat complex formula for calculating the odds that a unit recovers from disruption/broken status:

A preliminary range test is performed for the unit. If the unit
has an HQ with a Modified Command Range C that is In Command at a range
of R from the unit, then the range test is passed if a randomly generated
number between 0 and 1 is less than C / (C + R).

If the unit passes its range test, it moves to the next test based on Morale. If
the unit fails its range test, then 50% of the time it too moves to the morale test
and 50% of the time the test ends at this point in failure and no change of unit
status.

Otherwise, the current Morale value of the unit is determined based on its
Quality and all applicable modifiers. This is converted into a value between 1
and 6 using the mapping A=6, B=5, ..., F=1. The unit will pass the test and be
recovered from Disrupted or Broken, if a random die roll from 1 to 6 is less
than or equal to the Morale value

Since the chance of recovery is dependent on the distance the unit is from it's parent HQ and that HQ's command range as well as the units moral state, I decided to build a spread sheet to be able to calculate the odds of recovery for different situations.  After playing around with different inputs/variables, I came to some interesting and surprising conclusions...  However before I state those conclusions, I wanted to make sure my math is correct in the spread sheet.

Any of you veterans that are skilled with math and have a good understanding of the above formula want to check my work?  If so, please PM me and I'll give you a link to the spread sheet.

-Mark
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts on Disruption/Broken recovery... - by MisterMark - 09-11-2022, 11:38 PM