• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Normandy #16 - Advancing Inland (6th-12th June) -Alt)
06-26-2022, 05:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-26-2022, 05:59 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: Normandy #16 - Advancing Inland (6th-12th June) -Alt)
Turn 1 - the Longest day.

The Americans land. 

[Image: T1.png]

US units are immediately disrupted and frozen/fixed in place. A 50 point VP hex is gained. Most of the forward positions held by the Germans just behind the beaches are surrounded and isolated along with St Mere Eglise plus an unnamed village south west of it. (anyone know what this is?) The bridge at Etienville is also under threat.

My report brings good news though. Two units are released. The Sturm Battalion (85% chance) and the III/1058 Rgt. (25%)

1 unit is undisrupted! Its the artillery unit at Pointe du Hoc. A surprising result and one that will have consequences for the US Rangers landing next turn!

My response is limited as most units are Fixed. I can't remember why I moved the HW/company of III/1058 GR up to support the forward company? I moved away the artillery and the Divsional HQ at Etienville but did not move the Pioneer units. (save night fatigue?) I also didn't bother firing my artillery.

[Image: T1a.png]

Map will look different as I'm keeping my end of turn files in my JTS Gold version so this is the old 2D magnified version.

A quick look at the Unit Release Dialogue.

[Image: T1b.png]

Sorry its a bit fuzzy because I reduced it. But its a mess because dates are all jumbled.

[Image: T1c.png]

Here it is chopped up and reassembled. I've also added in the hidden % chances of release. Now I know that we are playing with FOW but I do not know why the % chance for release should be hidden in the first place?? Any chance we can change this? 

Ok a quick look at the British drop but not much to see.

[Image: T1e.png]

The British secure the bridge plus another VP hex to the south. All pretty standard stuff. The Bridge detachment starts Disrupted so an assault is an automatic win. 

I'll post this just now and check something then add more.........

German responses are pretty limited. I didn't fire or move anything? Most things are fixed as you can see from above. 

I quick look at the German Reinforcement schedule.

[Image: T1f.png]

So not a great deal arriving quickly and things are even worse when you sneak a look at the % chances of passing the die roll to arrive. 

Lastly the VP chart.

[Image: T1g.png]

I killed 4 US men during my turn and managed to lose 1 of my own men? Possibly when the 91st HQ went into T-mode to move away or maybe when I moved the HW/III/1058 GR? I guess I did fire something?  

Ian
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Normandy #16 - Advancing Inland (6th-12th June) -Alt) - by Plain Ian - 06-26-2022, 05:35 AM