• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - major victory turn 114
06-11-2022, 08:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2022, 06:33 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR
Turn 73 06:00 29th of August 1914

[Image: v5idkWc.jpg]

Landwehr Division Goltz will split in two parts, with one brigade operating together with Gemischte Landwehr Brigade 2 near Mehlaufen, where Russian cavalry has arrived, and the other brigade and divisional assets moving towards the units from Festung Koenigsberg that are digging in around Wehlau.

As to losses: the recent increase was caused by a more active 1st Army and I Armeekorps making its stand to pin the southernmost part of 2nd Army.

[Image: el0Mjt5.jpg]

After some consideration, instead of making a stand I decided to move Hauptreserve Koenigsberg across the Pregel using the bridge at Norkitten, to keep the Russian cavalry honest. 3. Reserve Division will continue to delay the Russians as the division moves towards Wehlau.

[Image: DCtl6hl.jpg]

It will be a while before the divisions of I Reservekorps will be fighting alongside each-other in any strength.

The withdrawal remains orderly, all units have green Fatigue at worst and many are still close to full strength, particularly in the 36. Reserve Division.

[Image: DaWnBqb.jpg]

The 2nd Army pocket.

There are a lot of Russian units trying to break through the 1. Kavallerie Division screen.

I Armeekorps will move east to relieve 1. Kavallerie Division and XVII Armeekorps will soon move in from the north-east.

I need to hold quite a large number of hexes to maintain the integrity of the pocket, so the first order of business is to decrease the size of the pocket.

37. ID will move after the units between Willenberg and Flammberg, and will then cross the Orzuc at Chorzele.

41. ID will continue to move south from Neidenburg, slowly shifting east as Hauptreserve Graudenz moves forward.

[Image: K45uSA3.jpg]

Another overview screenshot.

I don't actually need to fully encircle 2nd Army to block supply across the Orzuc and Omulew rivers, as holding the bridges is enough. That allows me to concentrate more forces at the northern and southern edge of the pocket.

The 2nd Army pocket contains 9 infantry divisions, a nearly full strength cavalry division and the survivors from 15th Cavalry Division. It is encircled by 6 infantry divisions (only 3 of which are in contact with the main concentration of Russian forces), 2 Landwehr/Ersatz divisions and a cavalry division.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - by ComradeP - 06-11-2022, 08:37 AM