• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - major victory turn 114
05-29-2022, 12:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-21-2022, 07:55 AM by ComradeP.)
Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - major victory turn 114
James and I temporarily halted our Japan '46 game to test a Japan '45 update. After that, we discussed that we could use a change of scenery and terrain conditions. Decent weather and being able to move more than 1 hex at a time, preferably.

We were debating whether to play another FWWC game last year, but settled on Japan.  This time, our choice was the Clash of Empires campaign for EP '14.

The campaign scenario covers the initial invasion of East Prussia by the Russian 1st Army and 2nd Army, with some 10th Army troops arriving near the end. German forces consist of 8. Armee, reinforced by forces coming in from the Western Front and various mixed Landwehr/fortress formations.

Elxaime picked the Entente side, I'll be playing as the Central Powers.

Weather conditions will remain Normal throughout the scenario with 0% chance of Storms, so I won't mention weather conditions aside from occasional references to visibility.

It took me a while to make time to actually write this AAR, though I took notes and screenshots since the beginning. The turn rate is rapid due to the limited number of units involved, we started playing mid April.

At the time of writing, we're at turn 84. Though I'm writing this with the benefit of hindsight, I'll specify my strategic considerations at various points. Events more or less unfolded as I expected thus far. The terrain makes strategic surprises difficult to pull off, with one exception.

Most significant hindsight information: nearly the entire Russian 2nd Army has been pocketed since turn 69, something which I thought had a small chance of happening until later on.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - major victory turn 114 - by ComradeP - 05-29-2022, 12:19 AM