• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

260: Rommels Second Offensive (solo AAR)
04-18-2022, 11:17 PM,
260: Rommels Second Offensive (solo AAR)
#260: Rommels Second Offensive

9 turns

January 21st 1942: After the German offensive following Crusader, the Germans were in a position which was, in fact, strategically not too bad. They could not be outflanked and they were closer to their supply base at Tripoli. The British on the other hand were thinly stretched across the Cyrenaica with a long line of communications trailing all the way back to Egypt. With the forces at hand Rommel thought if he struck quickly he could gain local superiority and drive the British back across the desert once again, this time capturing Tobruk and driving all the way to the Nile. Ambitious plans which almost succeeded.

Playing this as the Axis against the Allied AI.

Turn 1

First item that happens in the Strategic War Series is the Air War is conducted. You are presented with an inital dialog but I usually just leave it all the air assignments alone since I am so new to this game and series. At any rate this is the results of the air war so far.
[Image: TufpWdY.png]

I have combed through the manual and I don't know what the 5 means, if that means 5 air superiority factors, or 5 aircraft lost.

Here you can see the VPs are more attainable then in my previous NA game.
[Image: 4eJ9WzY.png]

This is the overall zoomed out view of the starting postions.
[Image: l7ngzXf.png]

This scenario starts in 1942 and the positions are much like they were in 1941 so lets see how I can do in 9 turns.

I don't like any my combat odd at this point and just use my air to attack the Allies.

[Image: FpbWI7c.png]

End of turn losses for the air attack I came out for the worse here.
[Image: C24atWD.png]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
260: Rommels Second Offensive (solo AAR) - by zovs66 - 04-18-2022, 11:17 PM