• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR
06-23-2022, 03:39 PM,
RE: A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR
Turn 23 - General
A quiet Viet Cong turn, as expected. The known Viet Cong positions haven't shifted, they appear to be dug in. At the start of my turn I received the following notification that I gained 35 Ammo Points for following the instructions of moving my supplies to Loc Ninh, where they will remain.
[Image: file.php?id=1139161]
Otherwise, I have an airstrike on station if I need it. Three headquarters are still unable to provide supply as they were moving and haven't reestablished communications and due to that I have a unit that is low on ammo.
[Image: file.php?id=1139162]
Turn 23 - D/1st/4th Cavalry
Time to focus just on the D Troop of 1st/4th Cavalry. Here we have the Aero Rifle platoon on task to capture the small hamlets near the Prek Tapet. I'm not expecting many Viet Cong in the area, but have to be careful nevertheless.
[Image: file.php?id=1139163]
To the east, a detachment of D Troop is helping out C Company/2d/28th Infantry against the known Viet Cong position on the slopes west of Prek Tatee. They did provide some cover fire while C Company was advancing. Casualties are unknown.
[Image: file.php?id=1139164]
The remainder of D Troop is supporting the attack on Hill 171. The Hogs of the unit have successfully destroyed the VC machine gun at the top of the hill, but the Viet Cong rifle platoon remains. With the machine gun destroyed, I'm taking a risk and advancing with my B Company rifle platoon to attack the position, hoping the Hog's will help finish the job.
[Image: file.php?id=1139166]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR - by Jason Petho - 06-23-2022, 03:39 PM