• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tiller Modern European Campaigns and logistics
03-21-2022, 12:39 AM,
c_Question Mark  Tiller Modern European Campaigns and logistics
Like everyone here, I have been watching the Russian Army 'advance' into Ukraine.
I am starting to rethink EVERYTHING I have been lead to believe about the Warsaw Pact in the past.
I am near 69 years old-dependent child from a US Army Sgt stationed in Germany 3 times. Late mother was German (oh she had her opinions on the Red Army.)
We lived in Augsburg, Germany in 1968 when the Red Army rolled in tho Czechoslovakia - so the Red Army/Warsaw Pact is not some abstract entity to me.

While I have no doubt Russian kit can be effective when properly used; the institutional incompetence on display now with the Russian Army has me thinking/assuming it was no better in the decades past. When I was in the USAF in the 1980's I knew from my readings SPEZNATZ/VDV Airborne units would target our airbases. Not impressed (horrified actually) what I am witnessing now on this tactic.

So....is logistics/supply/reliability modeled correctly in the Modern European Campaigns in Europe? How would you edit the OoBs to reflect what you see today of the Russian Army.

Thoughts?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Tiller Modern European Campaigns and logistics - by Tempest5 - 03-21-2022, 12:39 AM