• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

problem with Lowlanders units - graphics query
02-06-2022, 05:14 AM,
RE: problem with Lowlanders units - graphics query
(02-06-2022, 04:40 AM)phoenix Wrote: Ah. When you mentioned bases, Xerxes, you meant the 3d pics? But I never use 3d, so no need to worry about that. Can I just then paint Lowlander's counters with the 'neutral' background colour, all of them, then the Company marking will work in 2d?

In which case, how do I identify the neutral background colour?

Many thanks for your help! Appreciated.

Hi phoenix, sorry if I'm abusing the language. By counter bases I mean these:

[Image: symbols.jpg]

Here left to right you see three base counters for infantry, respectively: normal mode, highlighted, highlighted (alt.). Then comes a set of bigger counters for vehicles, but we don't need to touch those for the moment. So using the example above you'll want to paint the first three in "bright green", taking care not to erase the borders.

(By the way, general tip unrelated to this procedure: you may want to darken/brighten the inside color in the "highlighted" squares. I found it helps a lot in-game to spot the units that are highlighted! Should be the default, IMO)

To identify the neutral color for the unit sheets, you can simply open the vanilla (non-modded) 2dunits100.bmp and use the eyedropper/color picker tool in your graphics package. Smile
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: problem with Lowlanders units - graphics query - by Xerxes77 - 02-06-2022, 05:14 AM