• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

problem with Lowlanders units - graphics query
02-06-2022, 04:22 AM,
RE: problem with Lowlanders units - graphics query
(02-06-2022, 03:12 AM)phoenix Wrote: Xerxes, I could easily paint over the backgrounds within each counter. But what colour should I put there? You mean use the organisation/nation colours in the 2d symbols files? But how would I know which colour goes where?

So I haven't tested this but I don't see why it shouldn't work... the basic idea is that first you should pick the colors used in the mod for each nation and paint the respective counter bases with them. For example, if those bright green counters were German, you would go into the \German folder in the root and paint the square bases found in 2DSymbols100.bmp and 2DSymbols50.bmp in the same bright green.

Once you've adjusted the bases for all the nations, next you'd have to restore the original background color in the 2DUnitsxx.bmp counter sheets, leaving only the figures of the soldiers against it. This background color (which you can pickup from the vanilla 2dunitsxx.bmp files) will become transparent in the game, thus allowing the organizational markings to show their own colors.

Hope that wasn't too confusing, maybe you can test it with a few counters and see how it goes.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: problem with Lowlanders units - graphics query - by Xerxes77 - 02-06-2022, 04:22 AM