• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

updating the forums?
02-04-2022, 07:49 AM,
RE: updating the forums?
We had this discussion not long ago and the vote was to leave everything as is. The bulletin board software this site uses is open-source, meaning free. It is kept up-to-date by our webmaster, Raz, who also works for free, so we often have to wait, sometimes quite a while, for Raz to have time to run updates. Only admins can change the basic look to the colors, which isn't difficult. There are also a ton of templates to do more extensive changes to the look and feel. My problem is if I break something, I'm not sure I can fix it.

Thus our dilemma, who here has the web programming skills, Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP to work on site issues? And who is willing to work for free? We're always looking for people. If you, or someone you know, wants the job please speak up and we'll talk about it.

If the consensus is color changes, I'm certainly willing to give it a shot. <gulp>

Thanks,
Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
updating the forums? - by Embis - 02-03-2022, 06:47 PM
RE: updating the forums? - by LordDeadwood - 02-03-2022, 09:12 PM
RE: updating the forums? - by Outlaw Josey Wales - 02-04-2022, 12:07 AM
RE: updating the forums? - by typhoon - 02-04-2022, 03:26 AM
RE: updating the forums? - by JAJ28 - 02-04-2022, 07:18 AM
RE: updating the forums? - by Scud - 02-04-2022, 07:49 AM