• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

AT-TEN SHUN - Energizing the Parade Ground section
03-25-2022, 09:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-25-2022, 09:49 AM by Sgt Jasper.)
RE: AT-TEN SHUN - Energizing the Parade Ground section
First wargame was Avalon Hill's Tactics II, ca. 1958. I was in 6th grade. I only knew one other guy into the AH games in my town, so we played each other over and over in various campaigns - Gettysburg, several versions, Chancellorsville, Bulge Stalingrad, et al., and even non-war board games: Dispatcher, Grand Prix, Football - all through junior high and high school. Stayed with board games, playing off and on whenever I could find an opponent as I moved around, both in person and by snail mail, and for a while, by office mail when an opponent and I worked in different departments of the same company, until somewhere in the mid-90s discovering the Leadeaters group on AOL, mostly playing AH's Stalingrad. Around that time I discovered Tiller games, beginning with Gettysburg 1.0 - which didn't support email initially, but could be played by sending the text-file turns back and forth. No replay, but you could see what your opponent had done to you. Have pretty much stuck with Tiller ever since, through Talonsoft and the Battleground games to present day. Only playing Panzer Campaigns and FWWC right now, but that could change.... So that's me. I'm very fortunate to be married to a woman who can put up with a septuagenarian 12-year-old. I also waste lots of time and money building scale models. Have I mentioned how fortunate I am in my spouse of 50 years?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: AT-TEN SHUN - Energizing the Parade Ground section - by Sgt Jasper - 03-25-2022, 09:48 AM