• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

2dUnits100 and 2dVehicles100 Editing.
12-16-2021, 04:54 PM,
2dUnits100 and 2dVehicles100 Editing.
I have experimented with changing Graphics in these 2 files across a few games in Squad Battles Series ( ES ,RV and Africa ) by using Gimp and copy/pasting from similar files or my own images. I have done this just by eye with my pasting and without the use of a grid or guide. The results suited me well enough but were not accurate ,some counters overlapped for example in game -but nothing too bad ,my results seemed good enough for my solo play.

I recently started doing similar for Campaign Series Middle East with the use of an aid ,"GridWithNumbers.png <- A Helper Layer" that Crossroads posted on Matrix Forum. It is basically a grid with numbers that correspond to the positions in the Units or Vehicle 2d100.bmps  .This really makes for accurate positioning of replacement graphics. I made a proxy of this for use in Squad Battles ,specifically for 2dUnits100 that seems Ok but is not quite long enough .I am thinking of making one for 2dVehicles100 as well ,but I am really using trial and error rescaling and I know my end result will not be long enough-since my initial template is made for a different game. I am only a beginner in using Gimp but in CSME for example I am becoming happy with my results and would like to try further with Squad Battles in the future-I find such editing and then watching the results in game to be satisfying.

Is there an aid for Squad Battles that I could download to do what I want?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
2dUnits100 and 2dVehicles100 Editing. - by Sean - 12-16-2021, 04:54 PM