• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaign Game for AotR
12-08-2021, 10:56 PM,
Feedback Needed  Campaign Game for AotR
Hi All,
I am in the process of building a campaign game for AotR and have a scenario that I would like to play test and get some feedback, its a very small scenario, very few units, only 9 turns and can be played through in less than 10 minutes. If you can help me test this I would be very grateful.

..Once you have played it then it would be very helpful if you would review it with a very brief google forms questionnaire (link below). This is my preferred method of getting feedback because Its a nice and quick for yo and it gives me the information I want in an easy to read format.... its also anonymous! But feel free to just respond to this thread if you prefer.

The main character is a Soviet Partisan leader in Belarus in the summer of '41 just after the capture of Minsk. The scenarios will be typical of Partisan actions; ambushes, sabotage etc. Most of the scenarios will be quite short and with a small numbers of units. For the majority of the scenarios I envisage the successful withdrawal of the partisans from the action will be at least as important, and possibly more important, than the action itself. Getting the victory conditions to reflect this is probably going to be one of the more difficult aspects to get right. Hopefully with a bit of imaginative use of the scenario editor and using some of the less often used features in SB I can turn out some entertaining scenarios.

I haven't sought feedback for scenarios using this method before so this is a bit of an experiment to see what sort of response I get and how usable that will be. I am not releasing the full campaign yet, it isn't finished, but I will be asking for more play testers for the scenarios as they get closer to being complete. If this looks like its going to work then I will add further episodes (scenarios) for more playtesting and then eventually put them all together as a campaign for AotR.

Please note: the scenario is only playable as Russian Human v German AI, attempting to play it any other way wont be much fun.

You can download the scenario here 

and you can feedback to me here

Many thanks in advance for your help.

...and with the announcement of the WDS sale, maybe that's a good time to pick up AotR if you dont already have it! which of course has the added advantage of meaning you can try out Warhorses SPWW2 mod as well..so.. two games for less than the usual price of one!

...whats not to like?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Campaign Game for AotR - by Embis - 12-08-2021, 10:56 PM
RE: Campaign Game for AotR - by Xerxes77 - 12-08-2021, 11:34 PM
RE: Campaign Game for AotR - by Embis - 12-09-2021, 12:32 AM
RE: Campaign Game for AotR - by Xerxes77 - 12-09-2021, 01:45 AM
RE: Campaign Game for AotR - by Embis - 12-09-2021, 02:48 AM
RE: Campaign Game for AotR - by Xerxes77 - 12-09-2021, 05:47 AM
RE: Campaign Game for AotR - by Embis - 12-09-2021, 07:02 AM