• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR
01-18-2022, 04:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2022, 04:41 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR
21st of March 04:00 Normal conditions Turn 201:

[Image: Le1PZqP.jpg]

Surprisingly, there was nobody home west of Odawara either. 20th Armoured Division is moving along a trail in the hills to the Primary road between Songokubara and Sokokura. Meanwhile, two regiments of the 32nd ID will start clearing the peninsula. The third regiment will continue to move west.

I'll start moving the regiment of the 24th ID, in the hills where you can see the tank counters of 20th Armoured Division, north soon, to relieve 13th Armoured Division units in the hills north of Kamijima.

[Image: APjmsvF.jpg]

XXIV Corps assets have relieved the remaining regiment of 97th ID, which is now moving north, and 7th ID. I think I'll use the good weather to move some bridge engineers around to improve infrastructure through bridge construction across streams.

It's unfortunate that XXIV Corps has all but one of the bridge engineer units with boats in this part of the front. I can barely keep units in Corps command range, as I still have 2 Corps HQ's for 8 divisions+Corps assets.

[Image: xtytqpQ.jpg]

Instead of a massacre, 1st Marine Regiment landed completely unopposed. It was spotted by coincidence at the end of the last day as Elxaime swapped the unit in Hasaki with another unit (which I couldn't see initially).

Even more surprising: there indeed seemed to be little behind the company screen, as my units were not Isolated after crossing the river. It would've taken one of the Japanese companies only a 1 hex move to Isolate every unit on the northern shore until a ferry Trail (full hex ferries have "Trail" hexsides on the map) could be cleared.

The two Japanese units in and around Yatabe pulled back during the night.

The cavalry counter north of Shari is for an immobile coastal artillery spotter unit.

4th Marine Division is relocating as 97th ID units arrive to relieve it.

After the fierce struggle with the 44th Division, 6th Marine Division is enjoying a lull in the fighting. One regiment will move towards the area where 1st Marine Division tanks are, so the entire 1st Marine Division can cross the river.

Part of the fleet has relocated to cover the northern bank of the river. Some battleships have a 33 hex range so they can stay in place, the other ships are still needed to deal with Japanese units around Yokoshiba.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR - by ComradeP - 01-18-2022, 04:39 AM