• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR
01-18-2022, 04:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2022, 04:44 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR
20th of March 04:00 Mud conditions Turn 191:

[Image: ia4VGLI.jpg]

As always, Mud will slow down offensive operations. It also limits the Japanese ability to quickly redeploy troops. Thus far, we've only spotted some Boeitai units and partisans south of Kamijima.

I'm hoping I can turn the Japanese flank before the reinforcement division that will arrive on the 21st and 22th of March arrives at the frontline.

More air units become available this turn, including some very welcome air recon units and 4 fighter bomber units equipped with napalm. Considering the enormous number of air units on the Allied side, air recon assets were minimal thus far. Air recon is limited in many PzC titles, both in numbers and in how air recon works as the planes attempt to spot the area around the selected hex but don't actually move there first. It's like recon spotting.

[Image: YkIwBvE.jpg]

11th Airborne is immediately involved in fierce fighting. The Japanese C quality 147th Division appeared after marching to Yokoshiba from the area around Urido.

[Image: dqnZc4N.jpg]

The Japanese are holding a roughly diagonal line from Yokoshiba to Higashi-imaizumi. There don't seem to be any units observing "my" side of the river north of Choshi along the entire length.

1st Marine Division Shermans are firing across the river at the unit in Yatabe. I don't want to turn the town into RUBBLE, so no artillery or air strikes will be used.

A pile of engineers is still clearing RUBBLE in Asahi. It would've been convenient if the town had not been turned to RUBBLE. I don't recall if it was by accident or deliberate.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR - by ComradeP - 01-18-2022, 04:19 AM