• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR
01-18-2022, 01:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2022, 01:05 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR
18th of March 04:00 Normal conditions Turn 171:

[Image: mbYQMVO.jpg]

Normal conditions, time to throw a few punches at the C quality Japanese units near Kamijima.

[Image: FpKmDvG.jpg]

2 Japanese divisions are relocating from the Urido area to face the Marine push, but not at the place where I would expect them. The Japanese divisions are moving to the Yokoshiba area and the woods north of there.

4th Marine Division is mostly in position. 6th Marine Division will attack north, 4th Marine Division west and north. 1st Marine Division will move in behind 6th Marine Division and move towards Choshi.

The 100 point objective next to Yokoshiba is a coastal artillery bunker, and that will prove to be a nut the Marines can't crack. I'll try to outflank it at first, but that will prove to be costly as Japanese reinforcements arrive.

My objectives for the Marine offensive were:

-Stretch the Japanese defensive line.
-Cross the river north of Choshi.

It seems my opponent thinks I'm trying to turn his flank, but that's not my intention. I'm perfectly satisfied with the Japanese deployment as he's still maintaining a forward defense instead of shortening his lines. What puzzles me is why he keeps his two best divisions around Urido, even though it should be clear to him that I won't be attacking in that area.

Maybe he's playing blind, but he should have a fairly clear idea of where my divisions are. He has not seen any new divisions arrive south of Urido for days, only 2 new divisions near Honno, but he has a bunker line there.

There's only a thin screen protecting the coastal road, but units are moving through the area constantly. I was confident that any Japanese offensive to try and cut off the Marines could be stopped.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR - by ComradeP - 01-18-2022, 01:03 AM