• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1776 - 2nd attempt to understand the game
09-17-2021, 08:04 AM,
RE: 1776 - 2nd attempt to understand the game
Skirmishers is essentially what I was thinking of, so that's very close to what I would be trying to replicate. I'm also interested in looking at the logistics for American Indian forces...

I mean on the one hand I was aware of the EAW mechanisms for that type of force; extended line, and a few others specifics, although I wasn't strictly talking only about the EAW engine (meaning that as a general statement -and not in reply to Rich).  In what I am putting together, to column or not to column won't probably be a consideration that anyone needs to deal with; actually no specific formation may be.

Indians, at least at Wabash in 1791, targeted leaders; so it might be something that asymmetrical leader loss percentages are used.  Plus, there might be a lesser incidence of capture in melee for the opponents of Indian forces (when no other nations are involved). Looking at things like that ( and putting together a journal ... paper and fountain pen ... old school -plus writing with a fountain pen is addicting).

What's kind of cool, is over at CCC there is a thread there that I think might be a good place to drop in some bio's as I come across them. I can re-use all of that material in various places. Recently I wrote about a William Gray Cobb, and some things I found out about him. W G Cobb was 18 and in St Clair's column; he was in the formal US Army, not a militia unit, or a levy. He was 18 ( might even have been a young 18)... I won't re-write it here, but I guess the reason I even looked into Wabash and more, is a kid like William Cobb. Considering he was in charge of an outpost that got overrun quickly, I don't think it ended well for him.
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1776 - 2nd attempt to understand the game - by -72- - 09-17-2021, 08:04 AM