• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SB Falklands - What is your experience?
06-19-2021, 05:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-19-2021, 05:05 PM by Embis.)
RE: SB Falklands - What is your experience?
As with all the SB series I think the scenarios represent the campaign very well, and of course you get all the the support elements you would expect from air and sea. Most of the landings during the Falklands were unopposed and the scenarios in the game reflect this. A fair number of scenarios represent actions by the SAS and SBS so no shortage of interesting scenarios, but since most of the Falklands campaign was about taking the next hill...a fair few of the scenarios are also about this.

I think Its a much neglected title in the SB community but this just reflects the fact that its a theatre of ops that doesn't interest a lot of people, nothing to do with the quality of the game. The same thing can be said of Spanish Civil War. But if its a theatre you are interested in and you are debating getting it then I would say go ahead, you'll enjoy it.

Also might be worth looking at "Red Star Over Europe" if you like a bit of 80's action, a Mod based on "Vietnam" covering the "cold war gone hot" NATO & USSR in Europe.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SB Falklands - What is your experience? - by Embis - 06-19-2021, 05:02 PM