• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What's your favourite SB title?
06-19-2021, 02:33 AM,
RE: What's your favourite SB title?
Hi Xerxes77.

I'm a vet of the Campaign Series but still learning Squad Battles.

The Campaign Series (CS) is more platoon based be it infantry, guns or squads. the scale as compared to Squad Battles (SB) is much larger. Each hex in CS is the equivalent of 6+ hexes in SB.

In CS losses are determined in strength points where each strength point of infantry is about 7 men, each strength point of vehicles and guns is one vehicle or gun.  Whereas in SB it is individual men or individual vehicles/guns.

Both games play with the attitude of "if I can see a target can I kill it!?" Range dependent for sure.  CS has unit disruptions but unlike SB no pin or demoralized results. However in CS supply becomes very important where one has to keep his Battalion/Regiment/Brigade HQ's close enough in to the battle to keep supply going. Units out of supply fire at half strength.

CS also has unit morale and if it drops below 1 the unit dissolves. Leaders in CS become very important to maintain unit morale and cohesion.

From what I can see in SB, supply is not so important. Then again I haven't played SB enough to make that last comment solid. Still learning.

In SB a player has to worry about weapons and weapon loads. In CS everyone has weapons and they always work.

SB reminds me a lot of SL and ASL but it falls a little short of the old board game. Much simpler in it's execution and rules I think. 

CS reminds me a lot of Panzerblitz and Panzer Leader on steroids. Lot more to worry about in a bigger picture. Its not uncommon in CS to command a full Regiment or a Brigade of troops.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
John  Smile
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's your favourite SB title? - by Big Ivan - 06-18-2021, 11:32 AM
RE: What's your favourite SB title? - by Xerxes77 - 06-19-2021, 01:00 AM
RE: What's your favourite SB title? - by Embis - 06-18-2021, 06:57 PM
RE: What's your favourite SB title? - by Embis - 06-19-2021, 05:26 PM
RE: What's your favourite SB title? - by Big Ivan - 06-19-2021, 02:33 AM
RE: What's your favourite SB title? - by Xerxes77 - 06-19-2021, 05:55 AM
RE: What's your favourite SB title? - by Warhorse - 06-19-2021, 09:01 PM