• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTS Reporter
06-12-2021, 02:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-19-2021, 02:59 AM by zaxhutchinson.)
JTS Reporter
Current Version: 0.03

RECOMMENDED INSTALL:

Download the zip to your save game directory containing the .btl files.
Copy the relevant .oob file into this directory.
Unzip the jtsreporter.zip.
Move into the jtsreporter directory.
Set the side you want to see in the .ini (defaults to allies)
Run the .exe

By default the .exe looks in the directory containing the jtsreporter directory. However, you can set this to look anywhere in your filesystem. If you have multiple games going on, you can use one copy of the reporter and manually point the save_dir entry in the ini file with each use.

I have a little project going called the JTS Reporter. Right now it's very barebones. In my current game I wanted to be able to view the strength and fatigue levels of formations, but only include units which are in play. The larger goal is to make something that can do data visualization of ongoing JTS games. I have only tested it for PzC titles. It might work with other JTS series. I'm not sure how similar the save game files are.

JTS Reporter Github repo

Currently, the reporter just shows a formation's on-map strength and fatigue percentages. In other words, only units which are in play are included in the calculations.

The strength percentage is a unit's current equipment (men/tanks) divided by its max equipment. This is calculated and averaged for all units in a formation which are currently in play.

Fatigue is similar. It is calculated by taking a unit's current fatigue and dividing by the max of 300. Higher equals more fatigue.

It does not take into account reinforcements which are due to show up. The tree list in the left pane allows you to drill down to see the stats of sub-formations and sub-units. And while air groups are listed, their strength/fatigue numbers do not populate. This is because their info is stored on different lines than on-map units. The 'map' tab is empty.

I'm sharing this very early version just to spark ideas. Post comments, bugs or thoughts. I have a list of things I want to add, but I'm sure it's lacking. A big reason for this project is to get me to practice doing data viz with Python. I tend to play the big scenarios over long periods of time so I want to make something that can show historical data. I tend to make a save per turn. At some point I'll post a more fleshed out idea.

FYI: The reporter blindly loads up data for all formations from both sides. This is due to the way JTS games store unit data and links units to sides. Eventually, the program will prompt the user for the side they want to view, but for now, it's all there. If you don't want to know what the other side is doing, don't click on their formations. It might work for pbem save files. I have tested hotseat/single player files.

EDIT: Not sure why the link is written in a small font.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
JTS Reporter - by zaxhutchinson - 06-12-2021, 02:08 AM
RE: JTS Reporter - by larsonney - 06-12-2021, 02:25 AM
RE: JTS Reporter - by Plain Ian - 06-13-2021, 04:10 AM
RE: JTS Reporter - by Plain Ian - 06-12-2021, 03:00 AM
RE: JTS Reporter - by zaxhutchinson - 06-12-2021, 04:57 AM
RE: JTS Reporter - by Xerxes77 - 06-12-2021, 04:31 AM
RE: JTS Reporter - by zaxhutchinson - 06-12-2021, 05:07 AM
RE: JTS Reporter - by zaxhutchinson - 06-13-2021, 02:15 AM
RE: JTS Reporter - by Indragnir - 06-13-2021, 03:45 AM
RE: JTS Reporter - by zaxhutchinson - 06-13-2021, 06:19 AM