• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Data Files Help
06-07-2021, 02:51 AM,
Data Files Help
I'm looking for help understanding an aspect of the PzC data files.

Between a .btl file, .scn file and the .oob file, how does the engine tell which formation/unit belongs to which side in a scenario? For example, when it's player 1's turn, where does it find the data to only show the player 1 units. I see where the current active side is stored in the .btl, but I don't see where this is correlated with the unit data. Unit data in the .btl appears to be stored in order by x,y coords. So each side's units are jumbled in the data.

OOB files are stored in a homegrown nested format. Top-level formations have additional "nation" data. However, the OOB file can have multiple nations. For example, the N44 oob has a top-level formation for Germans, Americans and British. 

In other words, when the engine takes a unit from the .btl file and looks it up in the .oob, how does it know which side to allocate it to? I was expecting to see a 0 or 1 somewhere and I don't. That said, there are still quite a few lines in the .btl file I don't understand. It might be hard-coded in the engine.

Thanks in advance and if this topic has been covered before, let me know. Didn't find it in a search.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Data Files Help - by zaxhutchinson - 06-07-2021, 02:51 AM
RE: Data Files Help - by Warhorse - 06-07-2021, 04:16 AM
RE: Data Files Help - by zaxhutchinson - 06-07-2021, 04:29 AM
RE: Data Files Help - by LordDeadwood - 06-07-2021, 05:08 AM
RE: Data Files Help - by zaxhutchinson - 06-07-2021, 05:43 AM
RE: Data Files Help - by LordDeadwood - 06-07-2021, 06:19 AM
RE: Data Files Help - by Warhorse - 06-07-2021, 09:50 AM
RE: Data Files Help - by zaxhutchinson - 06-07-2021, 11:59 AM