• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Plea for tactical help
05-06-2021, 06:52 AM,
Help  Plea for tactical help
Hi Guys,

I'm a long time wargamer who has tried on multiple occasions to get into Squad and Panzer Battles. I really, really want to get into the games, but there is an issue. I am truly terrible.

I understand military theory, but there is clearly something that I am missing in order to be able to semi-competently play the games, and therefore improve to the point that I can enjoy the games.

My main issue is getting nowhere within the time limits of the scenario. What my plan is when starting a new scenario:

1. Identify the objectives and a generally covered route for an infantry attack to that objective.

2. using the "S" key, send a few units to scout the route and identify enemy formations.

3. When enemy formations are identified, use "S" on that unit to see locations where I can emplace heavy weapons to engage the unit, preferably outside of their key range.

4. Use those heavy weapons to pin the enemy, before moving my infantry up to take that position via an assault.

By the time that has happened however, the 10/12 turns are up and I have made no progress on the objectives.

Does anyone have any advice for this situation? If anyone is up for a game perhaps there is a scenario that we could play that would let me try out a few assaults and get some pointers from one of your grogs? I have AoTR and SBWW2.

Cheers!
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Plea for tactical help - by Flibby - 05-06-2021, 06:52 AM
RE: Plea for tactical help - by Compass Rose - 05-06-2021, 07:33 AM
RE: Plea for tactical help - by Ashcloud - 05-06-2021, 02:46 PM
RE: Plea for tactical help - by Jeff Conner - 05-07-2021, 02:13 AM
RE: Plea for tactical help - by Flibby - 05-07-2021, 05:46 AM