• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question on Bulge '44 (custom scenario)
04-14-2021, 07:17 PM,
RE: Question on Bulge '44 (custom scenario)
(04-13-2021, 07:32 AM)Plain Ian Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 06:13 PM)Cyrus Wrote: Any of you gentlemen, or those who have already played it, know the optional rules applied to the Bulge_Revived scenario? I don't know which ones to apply (and I don't think the default ones).

I thank everyone for their cooperation.

Cyrus

Well the scenario is from 2010 I see so the original Default probably didn't have some of the newer Options available in the Gold Menu.

But my guess would be -

Artillery Set Up
Recon Spotting
Virtual Supply Trucks
Quality Fatigue Modifiers
All pretty standard.

Counter Battery. I like this as it adds unpredictability in turns. Germans favoured in #16_01s but US are given a slight advantage in Revived.
Night fatigueNight Disruption is set to 0% in the Revived parameter file? I would change this to 40%?
Programmed Weather. Not sure about this but I would select it.

Plus

Alternative Assault.
US infantry have decent Hard Attack I see 5/1 in Revived. I've just played #16_01s where the US infantry were 2/1 making them pretty useless. This should help.

Optional Surrender.
A bit controversial maybe. Again I found in #16_01s that trying to hunt down and kill Broken US units was time consuming and spoiled the game. Especially if the US player uses them to block roads, whether accidentally or otherwise. 

Delayed Disruption.
Everyone plays with this now. It adds a bit of unpredictability. Forces German player to make 'risky assaults' and take unexpected losses. However that's what happened in history. Otherwise the Germans roll through the US front line only taking real losses from US artillery. I'd definitely use this is both players are experienced. If novices then leave this off.

Ian from 'bonnie Dundee'
Thank you very much for the information provided.

Best Regards

Cyrus
"Alea iacta est" (Gaius Iulius Caesar)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question on Bulge '44 (custom scenario) - by Brancaleone - 04-14-2021, 07:17 PM