• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Defensive Fire unit quantity
04-01-2021, 04:12 PM,
RE: Defensive Fire unit quantity
(04-01-2021, 07:57 AM)Green Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 08:08 AM)5 Leichte Div Wrote: Also - another query - would any new updates factor in a "Fatigue 3" patch for the KURSK
and NORMANDY games in terms of victory stats ?  Those two should be at the "3" as well
because the units - especially the better Morale ones are too super-human. Nobody is that good !

Thx , Take Care

Tom -   5 Leichte Div

Can I just ask what 'Fatigue 3' refers to? It is not something I have come across.

Hi, Green.

This Fatigue Factor is a setting found in the Parameter Data. Within the game , after selecting a scenario and being ready to play - in the Top Menu - HELP - see Parameter Data - and you can find
a phrase " Fatigue Factor # " ( Kursk , Normandy are set at "2" , the Demo and NA'41 at "3" ).

You can also refer the game's pbparam.exe file - under Misc Values, 2nd line - Fatigue Factor.
A higher # rating in effect means that units will be more likely to gain a Disruption. As it is with
Kursk and Normandy , they were configured with "2" and thus many of the A & B Morale units will
hardly ever become Disrupted - and seem to recover immediately. 

So, this was recognized as an oversight and thus a change for the future games was noted in the 1.02 patch for Normandy and Kursk.   

11-12-2016   ( Panzer Battles - Archived Forums )  Patch 1.02 for Normandy released
Strela :
( this part of the notes :)

New parameter file entry - Fatigue factor. Used for scaling fatigue accumulation. Set at 2.0 for Normandy & Kursk. Will be 3.0 for future titles to match the fatigue calculations in Panzer Campaigns. 3.0 is the more appropriate value to use, but none of the Kursk & Normandy scenarios were tested with the higher value.

There is more about this in the Archives - if you can find it - I've seen it -
Do note that you can mod and play with an adjusted factor - but such games on the Blitz for scoring record are disallowed. You gotta play with the stock setup for the game. 

I hope this helps explain my reference.

Take Care,
Tom  -  5 Leichte Div
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Defensive Fire unit quantity - by 5 Leichte Div - 03-29-2021, 03:41 PM
RE: Defensive Fire unit quantity - by Strela - 03-29-2021, 07:42 PM
RE: Defensive Fire unit quantity - by Green - 04-01-2021, 07:57 AM
RE: Defensive Fire unit quantity - by 5 Leichte Div - 04-01-2021, 04:12 PM
RE: Defensive Fire unit quantity - by Green - 04-01-2021, 05:14 PM
RE: Defensive Fire unit quantity - by Ricky B - 04-02-2021, 07:54 AM