• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Introduction
03-03-2021, 01:18 PM,
Introduction
Hello Fellow Grogs,

Got things a bit backwards - already posted seeking an opponent before I introduced myself.  I'm a long time board wargamer from the late 70's.  During my early gaming days favorite games included AH's Russian Campaign and D-Day and SPI's Arab Israeli War.  Then we discovered AH Squad Leader with the expansion modules which became the go-to game of choice.  A few years later I joined the military and wouldn't think about board wargaming for 16 years.  One day in 1999 while sitting at work I wondered what ever happened to all those great wargames.  I did a quick internet search and discovered Multi-Man Publishing and ASL.  Since then I've been rebuilding my collection.

Up to this point I haven't been a huge computer gamer primarily because I'm not real interested in the first person shooters.  I have enjoyed a few of the board titles they have taken to the computer such as GMT's Labyrinth and LnL's Tactical series.  I hadn't heard of John Tiller Software titles until a few weeks ago.  When I found the Panzer Campaign series I was astounded how well the game engine re-captured the board gaming experience.  Just the other day I heard about The Blitz Club for the first time.  From what I've read so far what a great group focused on some really great games.  I'm looking forward to meeting many of you on the virtual battlefields!

Nick
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Introduction - by Nick.Rusch - 03-03-2021, 01:18 PM
RE: Introduction - by Ricky B - 03-03-2021, 02:37 PM
RE: Introduction - by Compass Rose - 03-03-2021, 02:59 PM
RE: Introduction - by Outlaw Josey Wales - 03-03-2021, 11:32 PM
RE: Introduction - by Nick.Rusch - 03-03-2021, 04:51 PM
RE: Introduction - by Embis - 03-04-2021, 12:01 AM
RE: Introduction - by Steel God - 03-04-2021, 12:46 AM