• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Should there be a informal guideline as to the percentage of turns completed before a game can be reported?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I don't care either way
21.88%
7 21.88%
I think we should not introduce a guideline.
40.63%
13 40.63%
I think we should introduce a guideline (can you indicate in the comments what % level this should be).
37.50%
12 37.50%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Proposal for guidelines for reporting incomplete games
02-22-2021, 10:05 PM,
RE: Proposal for guidelines for reporting incomplete games
(02-22-2021, 02:06 PM)Green Wrote: Okay, how about this for an option. Those that complete 25% or greater record the game as normal. Normal ladder points and normal stats. Otherwise the game is reported as a less than 25% game and gets less points but still recognizes the effort involved. Those that play less than 10% are asked not to report it. All this would be based on a guidleine, not an enforced rule.

The reporting of less than 25% games would require a separate game entry on the database which uses a smaller SM value to give fewer points. This would only be needed for games over a certain SM, as it is only the large scenarios (primarily campaigns) that are worth adjusting. [For those that do not know, the SM values range from 1 to 10 and the details are found using the 'Calculate scenario SM' link on the scenario page.]

This approach leaves historical ladder points and stats unchanged but will improve the future stats as no one would bother looking at the under 25% stats.

This would mean some data entry for Mr Grumpy but I understand he finds it very fulfilling.
I voted in the poll that I don't care either way, but this option sounds good.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proposal for guidelines for reporting incomplete games - by LordDeadwood - 02-22-2021, 10:05 PM