• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Re: Original Squad Battles Artwork posted in Mods forum
01-08-2021, 09:46 AM,
RE: Re: Original Squad Battles Artwork posted in Mods forum
I appreciate all of the hard work done by the small community to keep SB alive with new art. I have found for myself I had to create a personalized combination of art from the community with some of my borrowed art from other sources to find my best solution.

I find that on the map there really needs to be 3 types of units shown, Leaders, Squads and Support Weapons. I did this by using the Squad Leader type art that others have uploaded and matching them up with proper unit art for the Info boxes. At a glance on the map I can see the general unit type and that helps immensely with getting the overall picture.

The largest challenge as it has been said before is matching up the OOB's with the proper pictures. This can be quite time consuming but I found that using a program called "Auto Hotkey" I was able to create a script where I can easily move through OOB's using just quick keyboard commands. While it's still a bit labor intensive I can do it much faster than when having to click on the small buttons using a mouse and once I got into a groove I could easily get most OOB's done in about 5 minutes or less. If anyone is interested in the script let me know I am happy to share it with you if it would help.

.jpg   001.jpg (Size: 127.7 KB / Downloads: 23)

.jpg   002.jpg (Size: 268.01 KB / Downloads: 18)

.jpg   003.jpg (Size: 253.68 KB / Downloads: 19)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Re: Original Squad Battles Artwork posted in Mods forum - by monkie - 01-08-2021, 09:46 AM