• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Re: Original Squad Battles Artwork posted in Mods forum
01-05-2021, 07:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2021, 10:08 PM by Embis.)
Re: Original Squad Battles Artwork posted in Mods forum
Please see this thread:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=74304

Hi Mike, 
I am not sure why you posted these files since they are all already included in all the new updates with the exception of Eagles Strike?
I should point out that If anybody installs all the graphics you have posted to that thread then it will have the following effect:

1. the vast majority of the games will, in some scenarios, show some blank units because so many new units have been added in the most recent updates.  
  2. All the advantages of improvements to the graphics of terrain and bunkers etc, which most people preferred will be lost

Nobody wants to do that!!

There is a compromise that WONT break the games and restores much of the familiar look of the series and keeps many of the more popular improvements to terrain and markers as well.  That is to restore just the Unit Portraits for the officers and infantry Squads. I have posted a guide to do this in a couple of threads. 

Please could you post a guide describing how to replace just those images and then post that beneath your posting of the old graphics. 

If you want me to write the guide I can.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Re: Original Squad Battles Artwork posted in Mods forum - by Embis - 01-05-2021, 07:58 PM