• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

S41 Graphics update
12-26-2020, 10:47 AM,
RE: S41 Graphics update
(12-26-2020, 01:29 AM)The Real Rake Wrote: Thanks, phoenix...

That makes sense about the folders.  I'll just have to wait for someone to explain the differences in the file parameters before I go trying to mod too much. 

There are several things (movement arrows, bullseye for indirect fire, etc.) that I much prefer from Jison's mods.  I tried modding the Magnified version of one game, wound up with a mess and had to revert.  Something is different and I haven't quite figured it out yet.

Most files should be 24 bit BMP's, nothing should 32 bit as that will cause game crashes. I have not changed the 3D graphics pretty much, so many of those files will be the original 8 bit.

If you need assistance with the magnified version let me know.

One other comment on the magnified version, there is an issue with congestion markers on all threes games updated to date with a brown box appearing above them. We will be reissuing the patches soon to correct this. I am playing whack-a-mole here where minor issues are found after a release has been done and it will be easier to do a final update once we have a few more games updated and any other issues are identified.

The other thing that I know has to be updated is the snow graphics in Budapest. The later version are in Bulge but I missed rolling them back to Budapest. They will be included in the updated patch for that title too. 

Thanks,

David
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
S41 Graphics update - by Kritterpaw - 12-24-2020, 09:58 AM
RE: S41 Graphics update - by The Real Rake - 12-25-2020, 02:21 AM
RE: S41 Graphics update - by phoenix - 12-25-2020, 07:04 AM
RE: S41 Graphics update - by The Real Rake - 12-26-2020, 01:29 AM
RE: S41 Graphics update - by Strela - 12-26-2020, 10:47 AM