• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Operation Ikarus: the Axis Invasion of Iceland
12-23-2020, 12:39 PM,
RE: Operation Ikarus: the Axis Invasion of Iceland
Thank you guys for the comments. Most people envision Iceland, naturally, as all ice and snow and glaciers and rock, and it is mostly that. But it is also on the tail end of the Atlantic gulfstream. During the summer months, in the southwest corner of the island (where this battle occurs), the weather is rather mild, reaching the an average high of 55 and low in the 40's. 

I used mostly Google Earth and maps to construct the map as faithfully as possible, to scale. Remember those early days of building scenarios and having to hunt for a decent map!!

One of the most striking things about the topography is the utter lack of trees and forests. With this one thing, and the occasional village, I've taken certain liberties for the games sake. Also, adding short trails at certain points so that motorized leaders can cross rough terrain. (a small oversight from the game designers I guess, if armored units can enter rough terrain, at a penalty of 65, their motorized leaders should be able to go with them!)

Tankertony>>>
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Operation Ikarus: the Axis Invasion of Iceland - by Tankertony - 12-23-2020, 12:39 PM