• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzC Tournament - Smolensk '41 - invitation
11-26-2020, 05:01 AM,
RE: PzC Tournament - Smolensk '41 - invitation
(11-25-2020, 10:53 PM)Plain Ian Wrote: Useful information. Is the "6 times" documented somewhere or is this something you've worked out from experience or testing? 

Ian

I discovered this when testing something else a couple of years ago. Not sure why it is not documented. Certainly if it was documented it would save me a lot of time from having to explain to opponents why I wont use these rules. They change the way the game functions so dramatically that I will not even use them in those handful of games that have them as the default (N44, T41, F40, J45/46).

If average stack size is not consistently low the effects will be non-trivial to say the least. For example if the maximum stacking is around 1500 then the break even point is around 250 men. Once you get to 500 men in a hex the firepower against them has already doubled and at 750 men it is tripled. To my mind this is totally over the top. More targets should result in more casualties but not in a direct linear relationship like this. It just makes no sense to me. 

What I think we need is one sensible rule set rather than having to choose between less than ideal alternatives. PzC would certainly be more enjoyable for me if I could spend more time playing it and less time in endless optional rule debates.   

Also probably worth mentioning that these comments relate only to PzC and not to FWWC or PzB. I do not play those games and so have no opinion to express.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PzC Tournament - Smolensk '41 - invitation - by Green - 11-26-2020, 05:01 AM
Some oddities in Scheldte - by Liebchen - 12-17-2020, 11:11 AM