• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Impassable hexes?
11-19-2020, 07:57 AM,
RE: Impassable hexes?
(11-18-2020, 03:43 PM)neonlicht Wrote: Hi and thanks for this! That's very interesting--I'll take a look at the PDT file and see what can be done. Unfortunately, the Seven Years War game has no map editor like the EAW 1776 game (in which individual hexes can be edited), only a submap editor for creating the basic scenario battlespace. But yeah--your workaround idea looks cool. Thanks again! :-)

Apologies- I wasn't meaning to sound like Musket and Pike came with a map editor; I had access to it because I had been working on a project in development for that publisher. I was just meaning to confirm what it does/doesn't do.

I'm basically writing about my own experiences in working on that -and to be entirely honest, even in that environment I had to mostly teach myself how to do all of this stuff.

You know the funny thing about my own project is that (if you have REN) those OOBs are pretty granular in terms of weapons for units, and even unit structure... the 'odd' thing that I found was that even though what I was working on was a later period - there absolutely wasn't that sort of information available in the period with which I was working on... I got that by comparing the types of sources stated in REN's bibliography, and the ones I'd used.
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Impassable hexes? - by neonlicht - 11-18-2020, 12:39 AM
RE: Impassable hexes? - by -72- - 11-18-2020, 08:23 AM
RE: Impassable hexes? - by neonlicht - 11-18-2020, 03:43 PM
RE: Impassable hexes? - by -72- - 11-19-2020, 07:57 AM