• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scheldt '44 Market Garden (expanded) Allied AAR - settled for a Draw turn 69
02-07-2021, 10:49 AM,
RE: Scheldt '44 Market Garden (expanded) Allied AAR
(02-07-2021, 10:02 AM)ComradeP Wrote: The only move I didn't really understand was why he didn't counter-attack the Scottish Division or move the A quality units elsewhere. There wasn't much point in keeping high quality units there for him if he didn't intend to counter-attack. I could've made an armoured push there, like in the east, but the results were not worth the hassle after a number of urban areas were turned to RUBBLE, limiting movement along interior lines prior to the weather worsening.

I was very cautious even with the Scottish Division stalled due to the impact on German forces to the east (Erdmann and friends) being steamrolled by the massed Allied armor attack earlier.  I wasn't sure how fast the Allied armor could relocate.  I also wasn't sure what was behind the Scots and was also very wary of the Belgian and Dutch resistance units and their ability to move from one ZOC to another, as that had been used earlier near Nijmegen to surround a unwary German unit or two.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scheldt '44 Market Garden (expanded) Allied AAR - by Elxaime - 02-07-2021, 10:49 AM