• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Optional Rule Guide Manual defensive fire
10-28-2020, 11:00 PM,
RE: Optional Rule Guide Manual defensive fire
(10-28-2020, 07:08 PM)typhoon Wrote: Just got back into playing Panzer Campaigns and the ACW titles which I used to play a lot and find that manual defensive fire is hardly ever used in PBEM games. Now I only have two of the Napoleonic titles and found it tougher to like than the other two series but thinking about trying it again and prefer PBEM. I have read the optional rule guide and found that the use of manual defensive fire is recommended to give realistic results I prefer this but would like to know if most people use this option in PBEM games as it would significantly slow games down? On a side note I would also like to know if the Campaigns are played? I think I would prefer a campaign to an individual battle any feedback appreciated.

MDF is in some ways more realistic. However it very much slows games down so I recommend it for smaller scenarios.  It is not a common feature in PBEM games, I know only a few folks who use it regularly. Campaigns are big so I would not recommend it for them. ,.....yes, campaigns are played pretty often - normally the big single games rather than the small linked scenarios.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Optional Rule Guide Manual defensive fire - by agmoss99 - 10-28-2020, 11:00 PM