• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Napoleonic Battles - Optional Rules Guide 1.4(4.06)
10-24-2020, 07:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-25-2020, 07:23 AM by BigDuke66.)
RE: Napoleonic Battles series - Optional Rules Guide V 1.0
(10-24-2020, 06:34 AM)The_General Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 04:21 AM)devoncop Wrote: I agree with most of these General.

Any reason that you don't have "Rout Limiting" ON and "No opportunity Fire v Skirmishers" ON ?

With the latter turned off skirmishers can be used by exploitative players to waste ammunition of both infantry and Guns.

Thanks for the response either way.

Ian (devoncop)

It's a good argument to have skirmishers rule ON but on the other hand it always irritates me when skirmishers are parading in front of my line unmolested. So I prefer not to use this rule but not a problem to play with it either.
Far more important is Rout Limiting. In my experience in a sister ACW series I find that when this rule is ON it is hard to rout enemy units (especially those with higher morale) even if you give them an enfilade fire. Sometimes it can look very unrealistics, especially when Flank Morale Modifier is also checked. When RL is OFF it forces the player to play more cautious and to keep his units well within the command range of their commanders.

That is a good point 're the Rout Limiting.

I am happy to play with it on or off in that case.

As I said at the start of my posting on this subject it is mainly Movement Threat Disorder and No Detached Melee I have the issue with.

Cheers
Ian
"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Napoleonic Battles series - Optional Rules Guide V 1.0 - by devoncop - 10-24-2020, 07:48 AM