• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Supressing Fire, real or imagined
10-23-2020, 01:38 AM,
RE: Supressing Fire, real or imagined
(10-20-2020, 03:12 PM)Dog Soldier Wrote: Fatigue can be accumulated faster by placing suppression fire on the enemy.  Fatigue does factor in on how a unit reacts.  It only take 50 fatigue points to drop a morale level.  A lot less than in PzC.  Units will be less effective in their fire at you if happen to push them "over the threshold" with a fatigue shot.  Even the wounding/killing one man result can cause a enough fatigue  to drop a unit a morale level if the unit was close to the 50 point mark.

This feature makes taking bunkers more interesting.  AT, artillery, air strikes can soften up a defender in a bunker by accumulating fatigue in PzB.  When the assault comes, all a matter of timing, the result can be enough to flip the defender to a lower morale and disrupt them into the open ground or the POW cage.  All because you used enough fire suppression.

How much fire suppression is enough?  Well this is where PzB seems so real.  You just don't know exactly.  And the fun begins when you start guessing.

Dog Soldier

Thanks Dog.  I knew I couldn't be completely crazy.  I have always been more of a "player" than a "reader of rules".  Some folks like to work out the math in the code and line up the right number of combat factors before rolling the dice, I like to do what feels right and I expect the game (if it models right) to reward could tactics.  In that regard I am finding PzB very refreshing with a much more tactical feel than one can get from a game scaled at the PzC level (nothing wrong with that, just not the right scale for tactical nuance).
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Supressing Fire, real or imagined - by Steel God - 10-19-2020, 11:03 AM
RE: Supressing Fire, real or imagined - by Mowgli - 10-19-2020, 06:50 PM
RE: Supressing Fire, real or imagined - by Steel God - 10-23-2020, 01:38 AM