• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question regarding map mods
10-13-2020, 08:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2020, 08:28 AM by -72-.)
RE: Question regarding map mods
(10-13-2020, 12:30 AM)Alpha Zwo Wrote: Thank you very much for your detailed answer. Not sure if I have understand everything but at least I understood that the same graphics may not look the same on different computers.

What do you mean by "different combinations of sides"?

There are only so many sides allowed in the game.

In most titles in the series it is: France, Britain, Prussia, Russia, Austria, then basically a slot that doesn't get used  - but call it Sweden as when it was used - it was for Sweden.

In Wellington's Peninsular War, and Boneparte's Peninsular War  Prussia is swapped out for Portugal, and Sweden is swapped out for Spain (the other slots are not used).

In RBR - Sweden is swapped out for Bourbon France.

If you have a look at the 2DSymbols50, or 2DSymbols100, or 2DSymbolsMag.bmp files in the Map folder -you can see the various flags --- so basically there is a limit to the numbers of nations allowed by that engine (for comparison in Musket and Pike it is 15  -which makes it easier on guys interested in building scenarios).

But in a nutshell since there is that limit that is why there would need to be 3 different files for the series as a whole.   If you don't have WPW, BPW, or RBR - then you should be able to use the same one across all series.

I'll have to add a screenshot later - the limit here is too small.
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Question regarding map mods - by Alpha Zwo - 10-11-2020, 09:27 PM
RE: Question regarding map mods - by -72- - 10-12-2020, 08:44 AM
RE: Question regarding map mods - by Alpha Zwo - 10-13-2020, 12:30 AM
RE: Question regarding map mods - by -72- - 10-13-2020, 08:21 AM
RE: Question regarding map mods - by O.Schmidt - 10-13-2020, 03:16 AM
RE: Question regarding map mods - by Alpha Zwo - 10-13-2020, 07:07 AM