• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Template for 2Dunit100 bmp for SB Red Victory and Others in Series
09-01-2020, 06:20 AM,
RE: Template for 2Dunit100 bmp for SB Red Victory and Others in Series
(08-31-2020, 04:02 PM)Barly Wrote: I tried MS Paint Win10 version,that does have a grid option in view ,so I will use that at least for present.Seems much the same as Xp Paint anyway.

Your dimensions for Map 2dunits100 and others do help,as there is a 'pixel bearing' given in Win10 Paint.

Thanks for your answer.

Yet to try Gimp(slight disclaimer did use Gimp a few years ago for Fantasy Virtual Tabletop gaming but only to change transparency and It has been so long,I forgot how to do that now),wanted an easy approach which I have now using Win10Paint.

In case anyone else is interested you can open 2 copys of Paint at once and copy/paste from one to the other for some simple unit picture changes.For example you can grab a unit bmp from another game in the SB series or mod and do some cut/pasting.What drew me to trying this was I downloaded the IronX RV Mod from Task Force Echo and his 2dunits100 was missing a few pics for infantry where Xs were placed,I replaced these Xs for my own game by copy/pasting a variety of his other pics over the Xs.Voila,worked well,all infantry units in game now have a picture.

Also XP Paint does work,my initial results in game were certainly playable,slight errors looked like movement suggestive features in game on the affected infantry when my spacing was a  little bit out.

Another change I made to Red Victory was to replace the Snow bmp with a renamed Mud bmp I had downloaded ,the default white snow was blinding me and I struggled to play snow maps,Now i can play them easily using my new brown mud frozen tiles.

You're welcome!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Template for 2Dunit100 bmp for SB Red Victory and Others in Series - by Warhorse - 09-01-2020, 06:20 AM