• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings.
11-23-2020, 11:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 06:44 PM by Indragnir.)
RE: Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings.
The end in Africa scenario is done, only art remains.

Meanwhile it's done I will start working on the next mod: Sicily'43, a very interesting campaign.
A lot of work on this one is done but it won't be as "fast" as Tunisia (about 75% scenario work were completed and almost 95% of bibliography was read before I decided to finish Budapest) since I have more bibliography to read and check.

My take on Sicily is based in due part to the wrongness of Italian army in this scenario:
1-The real OOB is quite different. I won't say it's a new one as the Tunisia one but it's heavily changed.
2-The Italian performance is another factor since it was quite different as given by old authors that since the end of the battle,researchers (mainly anglosaxon) believed the German tale about the poor Italian perfomance as justification for their defeat. In this last decade the truth based on primary sources and new information has surfaced, guided by modern researchers and it's telling a different story, as you will see.

Also the German and Allied OOB have received quite some changes, specially TOE tables and HG Pz Division perfomance (spoiler: was not very high by some elements.)
Scenario was missing some historical facts (Syracuse  surrendered without fight on the very first days! more on this later. Primosole bridge battle was a different one, Naval Power, Air power, etc etc)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings. - by Indragnir - 11-23-2020, 11:45 PM