• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Panzer Campaigns Features & call for Manuals Updates
12-16-2020, 09:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-16-2020, 09:57 PM by Xerxes77.)
RE: New Panzer Campaigns Features & call for Manuals Updates
(12-16-2020, 06:48 PM)unonimus Wrote: The exact wording is like this. There are other examples but those have fewer than 1 entity recovering:

Suppose that an infantry battalion of C Quality had suffered losses of 200 men out of a total strength of 600 and that the Unit Recovery for its side is 2%.  When eligible, it will recover an average of 4 men per turn.

2 per cent of 200 is exactly 4, so why does it round? Is it an error, is it an error that is too hard to solve at this point or is it intended? It will, of course, recover fewer men on later turns, but is there a reason why it should round exactly 4 men?

I was thinking that maybe the manual simply chose a bad example with whole numbers, but after running some tests you're right, there's something funky going on with loss recovery. I've seen some units recover twice the men they were supposed to according to the specified rate.

EDIT: I'm now leaning towards seeing the unit recovery rate as the *chance* each individual loss (i.e., each casualty) in the unit has of recovering when the unit is eligible for loss recovery. With that calculation, the numbers would fit the examples (especially the one for vehicles) and all the language about averages and recovery rates.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Panzer Campaigns Features & call for Manuals Updates - by Xerxes77 - 12-16-2020, 09:33 PM