• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

FWWC France 14 Musing and Wonderings
08-13-2020, 09:36 PM,
RE: FWWC France 14 Musing and Wonderings
(08-13-2020, 08:32 PM)Steel God Wrote: I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but what that says to me is to the Russian every tool is a hammer and every target a nail.  I mean seriously, command radius 1......form up, hit hard, rotate battlations, do it again.  Divisional frontage MIGHT be 4 hexes, more likely 2 LMAO

More like 7-8 hex for a Division. The Russian divisions are structured a little differently.

They usually come in 2 brigades of 8 battalions each.
Since the brigade HQs have a command radius of 1, they'll each take a 3-hex front. And since 8 battalions stack so deep, it's normally safe to leave a space between the two brigades.
The hard part is actually keeping divisional command. Division HQs come with a whopping 3-hex command  range. Big Grin 

Good news is that each brigade also sports two decent MG battalions and a field-gun.
So there's no lack of firepower.

And of course, if all else fails you can return to the tried and tested Russian way of war; throw bodies at the enemy until they run out of ammo. Whistle
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FWWC France 14 Musing and Wonderings - by CheerfullyInsane - 08-13-2020, 09:36 PM