• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

FWWC France 14 Musing and Wonderings
08-13-2020, 04:07 AM,
RE: FWWC France 14 Musing and Wonderings
Thanks for the responses.  In summary what you are all saying is "Yes!  The miracle on the Marne truly was a miracle." Wink

I've moved onto something a little larger size wise and length wise (Lord that sounds slutty) and it has France on the Defensive.  I will say they handle fairly well that way (despite their Doctrine of Offense Wins).  The long and the short of things for me are that FWWC is NOT PzC, and I'v had to unlearn things.  With the exception of factoring in the MGs, I am beginning to get the feel that these Armies handle much more like a Civil War Army in the way you use Artillery directly, but much shorter command leashes than in ACW (in terms of hexes not real distances).  When I look at them that way I can get in their heads a little better. 

I have not even opened EP14 because I keep hearing about 1 hex command radius and I just don't need that kind of negativity in my life LMAO 

As for S14, I don't have it yet, but will but it eventually because I had a Great Grandfather who fought for the Austrians.  He was captured by the Russians (don't know any details, even what year) and given up for dead by the family.  He showed back up at my Great Grandmothers door step in Italy in 1922 having walked back a large part of the way.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FWWC France 14 Musing and Wonderings - by Steel God - 08-13-2020, 04:07 AM