• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Special Disruption Ruling
07-16-2020, 06:47 AM,
RE: Special Disruption Ruling
(07-16-2020, 12:40 AM)ComradeP Wrote: That does seem strange as a loss of 0 Men shouldn't trigger a Morale Check roll based on the manual. If it does, the formula doesn't make sense, and neither does the Special Disruption modifier making it more likely that a unit disrupts. 2x0 is still 0.

I'll keep an eye out for No Effect/D results to check what's going on.

Edit: after a few turns of shelling the Maginot Line, I haven't seen any No Effect/D results or No Effect/Fatigue out of a few dozen No Effect results on units consisting of Men.

Yes, I totally agree. I have never seen a case of disruption associated with a 'no effect' result and it is contrary to the my understanding of how the process works. Even if we are talking about a gun/vehicle there should still be fatigue rather than 'no effect'.

The only explanation I can think of is that it works on the loss result prior to rounding. So for example a fractional loss of 0.4 men, could be used in determining if a morale check is required and then if the losses are rounded down they would be reported as 'no effect'. This would make it rare but still possible for disruption to occur without loss.

But personally, I doubt this is how it works and so I will remain skeptical for now.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Special Disruption Ruling - by unonimus - 07-15-2020, 08:36 PM
RE: Special Disruption Ruling - by Green - 07-15-2020, 09:06 PM
RE: Special Disruption Ruling - by unonimus - 07-15-2020, 11:56 PM
RE: Special Disruption Ruling - by ComradeP - 07-16-2020, 12:10 AM
RE: Special Disruption Ruling - by unonimus - 07-16-2020, 12:24 AM
RE: Special Disruption Ruling - by ComradeP - 07-16-2020, 12:40 AM
RE: Special Disruption Ruling - by Green - 07-16-2020, 06:47 AM