• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Campaigns teaser guessing thread
06-05-2020, 04:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2020, 02:14 AM by ComradeP.)
Panzer Campaigns teaser guessing thread
Strela/David posted a picture of a by (pre-war) European standards large city.

[Image: Post%2020200604_01.png]

It's not Kiev, though it shares some characteristic features with it.

It's an important road/rail hub, the rail lines in particular are numerous. Note the two rail lines heading north next to the river.

The island on the other bank should make it easier to identify. Also note the near complete lack of suburbs or industrial zones on the other bank. That's uncommon, particularly considering the infrastructure.

What does or doesn't constitute a full hex river in PzC is a bit vague, it doesn't have to be a truly wide river like the Dnepr or Volga. The Rhine and the Waal and Nederrijn it splits into in The Netherlands are full hex rivers in France '40.

The city is too big for Gomel, aside from other details not matching.

It also doesn't match Zaporozhye 180 degrees rotated (as in: the top of the screenshot facing south). A bit far-fetched, but I thought Strela might try something clever like that.

It's not Narva or Stettin (sorry Xaver, it's not PzC Berlin '45 by the looks of it).

Cities like Vienna, Riga and Warsaw are located on both banks of the major river running through them.

Normally I'm pretty good at finding the city that fits the image, but this is a tricky one. I've checked every larger East Front city that I could think of that isn't already in a PzC game and came up empty. I've checked cities in Western and Central Europe, as well as cities in Asia, without result either.

The questions are: what city is this and what future PzC title would feature it?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Panzer Campaigns teaser guessing thread - by ComradeP - 06-05-2020, 04:13 PM