• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How to get rid of top down format - help!!
05-24-2020, 05:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-24-2020, 05:27 PM by Embis.)
RE: How to get rid of top down format - help!!
Well, It isn't you, I get the same result. There are some graphics missing or wrongly flagged in the database. And the bad news is.......  the ones you found aren't the only ones. There are quite a few of the SDKFZ's that are flagged with a missing graphic.  

As far as I know this only applies if you revert to the original graphics, the top down graphics appear to have been flagged correctly, certainly in the scenario you screenshotted there are no missing graphics if you use the top down mod.

There are some problems in the graphics with Eagles Strike as well IIRC. It would be nice if these could be fixed, it wouldn't be hard for someone who can mod, some of us requested this some time ago... ahh...but I digress....and drift into a world of fantasy and unfulfilled dreams..

For your particular scenario then the following would be a workaround, if you have the inclination:

PLEASE NOTE: The vehicle database works properly for the top down mod so if you make the following changes in the database and then decide to go back to the top down mod you will need to reverse the process to get units to display correctly.

1. Open the database editor, 
  2. open the vehicle tab and find the area where the SDKFZ's are listed
  3. Find SDKFZ 232 (rad 6)
  4. right click on the entry for that and choose <edit>
  5. on the window that pops up find the entry for <Picture>  and change that from 115 to 65
  6. do the same for the following:  SDKFZ 263 (RAD 6)    and   SDKFZ 247
  7. save
I am not an expert on SDFKZ's so i cant guarantee that you will be looking at exactly the right graphic, there are so many varieties, but you wont be looking at a blank graphic.

EDIT:
apologies, for SDKFZ 247 change the graphic to 61 not 65

...if you or anyone else finds a missing graphic in AOTR and can supply an edit for the database perhaps you could post that to this thread so that eventually we can fix them all?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to get rid of top down format - help!! - by Embis - 05-24-2020, 05:05 PM
Getting there!! - by Warhorse - 07-25-2020, 09:24 AM