• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

#16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
07-13-2020, 01:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-13-2020, 01:31 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
5th Panzer moves. 2nd Panzer starts off released so can move. The only problem is that it is backed up on the road east pointing towards Clervaux. 

116th Panzer also starts fixed except all of KG Grollmann and part of KG Bayer. (I/60th Pz Rgt which is the half track mounted Battalion) Its seem wasteful to use B rated motorised units against dug in US D rated infantry but that's how the Germans set up.

62nd VGD will deal with the Provisional units of US 424th Rgt. 

The 560th VGD is organised in two Groups. One is already ferrying units over the L'Our and the other can either be used to support this or support KG Grollmann.  

[Image: 5th%20Pz%20start.png]

Turn 6. The 422nd and 423rd US Regiments of the 106th are now isolated. In fact they were isolated when 12th SS reached Schonberg and Andler. 18th VGD have formed an inner corset and began whittling them down.

KG Bayer has pushed forward and reached the L'Our at Steinebruch. I've peeled off some units of KG Grollmann to help but that isn't necessary. I've managed to get the Panthers up front and will use them to help reduce the defenders over night. (US artillery will be heavy as there is a Corps worth stacked up in the Saint Vith area) I'll just have to trade 1-2 Panthers instead of 50-70 men. 

KG Schumann was having a hard time so I thought I'd be cute and peel off a few companies of 2nd Panzer tanks to help them Pillbox busting. Some Panzer Pioneers added in for assaulting as well although they do disrupt as you can see. I suspect Brian might Fix these units as he has commented on this. 

2nd Panzer units were sitting idling whilst a bridge was being built in Dasburg just off map to the south. You'll see their progress or lack of it in next thread.

I'm surprised that Brian hasn't pulled back the 426th or the 112th Regiments which form a small bridgehead over the L'our? When I played the US player I started back pedaling on Turn 1. However it does mean giving up Pillboxes and even a few BUNKERS. 

[Image: 5th%20Pz%20end.png]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel) - by Plain Ian - 07-13-2020, 01:31 AM