• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Serbia shall live! Serbia '14 4th Invasion AAR - Central Powers conceded turn 150
04-30-2020, 09:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2020, 01:13 AM by ComradeP.)
Serbia shall live! Serbia '14 4th Invasion AAR - Central Powers conceded turn 150
The campaign scenarios in Serbia '14 are, thus far, all enjoyable to play.

Though I was initially sceptical as to how interesting a game covering the Serbian campaign(s) would be, the game just "feels" right. I've heard the same remark from my opponents.

I'm enjoying this more than the two other FWWC titles. That's not because those are bad or worse, but because of the campaign covered: it feels as if both sides have a chance to change history, either through improving upon the historical outcome or through winning instead of losing the battle.

France '14 can quickly turn into a massive slaughter featuring trench warfare more suitable for late war periods, and the initial invasion in EP '14 can be quite tricky for the Russians. In Serbia '14, though you can see why historical events occurred, you have the means to change them that's often missing in wargames (as wargames tend to cover conflicts with a clear winner).

I'll update this first post with an overview of the armies involved and their capabilities.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Serbia shall live! Serbia '14 4th Invasion AAR - Central Powers conceded turn 150 - by ComradeP - 04-30-2020, 09:39 PM