• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A strange oddity
01-27-2020, 02:38 AM,
RE: A strange oddity
Per the Campaign Series game manual:
Select Set Advantage to balance play between two players of unequal skill or to balance A/I play. Advantage values can range from 0 to 100 for either side. Depending on the value, the side with the advantage will inflict higher than normal combat losses on the other side, and suffer lower than normal combat losses themselves. Advantage must be set before play begins in E-Mail or Modem Play games. Otherwise, the Advantage can be adjusted at any time during the game.

So I wonder if that second from last sentence is hard-coded into the game, or otherwise it's merely a recommendation. As I sat up wide awake last night, I wondered if a player, let's say player one, during the start of his turn can set the advantage to his favor, and then, just before the end of his turn, set it back to zero. I don't know, but I do plan on testing this theory with someone. In a way it makes sense, because the advantage was only seen while viewing the opposing players turn. 

I do want to say that in this infamous game, we were well past turn 25. For those of us who've played the game for decades, you do get a sense of the normal attack results. From the earliest turns, I sensed something was off. The Russians, both the artillery and troops, hit with a devastating regularity that I had never seen. A +20% regularity. You simply can't not notice that. And I didn't say anything. But now, having seen what the game itself has exposed, I will get to the bottom of this 'strange oddity'. Good men smarter than me are working on it. 

Tankertony>>>
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A strange oddity - by Tankertony - 01-26-2020, 03:03 AM
RE: A strange oddity - by Big Ivan - 01-26-2020, 04:38 AM
RE: A strange oddity - by Scud - 01-26-2020, 09:47 AM
RE: A strange oddity - by Tankertony - 01-27-2020, 02:38 AM
RE: A strange oddity - by Dan Caviness - 01-29-2020, 02:02 AM
RE: A strange oddity - by Herr Straße Laufer - 01-29-2020, 06:26 AM
RE: A strange oddity - by Big Ivan - 01-29-2020, 10:53 AM
RE: A strange oddity - by Dan Caviness - 01-30-2020, 02:08 AM
RE: A strange oddity - by Herr Straße Laufer - 01-31-2020, 12:22 AM