• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Drawing opportunity fire actions - disreputable or part of the game?
01-07-2020, 05:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-07-2020, 06:00 AM by Kool Kat.)
RE: Drawing opportunity fire actions - disreputable or part of the game?
Gent:  Smoke7

"Well WP assaults can work. But it's risky and it needs proper preparation. If you use recon units in the "frowned-upon" way, a concentrated assault is a very viable and potentially decisive option for WP in our scenario (Schweinfurt H2H)." 

Never stated that WP assaults did NOT work.  Wink Your "suggested" tactic (moving recon units back and forth) to trigger opportunity fire is not only gamey, but could be considered a form of cheating. One MC opponent I played did just that... I called him out... and he agreed to redo his turn minus the jitterbugging recon dancing. 

Another viable WP strategy was the one that I adopted in our game. WP conducted an unopposed river crossing in the south. Armor and mechanized forces quickly captured the southern 25 VP. Establish LOS positions to your units. Dig in my spotting units. Move artillery units into range. Shell and harass. Unleash WMD when you stacked up your NATO units. A WP Minor victory may be achieved without directly assaulting Schweinfurt.

Reminder - the "Draw" in our game was decided by only one point... AND after NATO had unleashed its WMD, I was able to close the point gap to one (1) by use of conventional weapons  Whistle    
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drawing opportunity fire actions - disreputable or part of the game? - by Kool Kat - 01-07-2020, 05:12 AM