• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

AAR CDN Para VS Baluka Super Troopers (ME QB)
12-04-2019, 03:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2019, 04:03 AM by naughtkris.)
RE: AAR CDN Para VS Baluka Super Troopers (ME QB)
Aftermath

Major Arrow inspected the battlefield. His men were enjoying hot meals delivered by trucks to feed his men and the dozens of french orphans who were now running around playing their favorite game of "Surrendering" instead of the Army man or cops and robbers he was used to as a kid. Alas, Major Arrow was a progressive man, and if that is what the french culture taught their children, who was he to interject. His thoughts were interrupted when a small child with baked maple beans smeared on his lips ran up to him, hugging his legs and repeatedly shouting "je me rends!".

His men had killed or captured the remaining Thule agents that defended the temples and the blood fields out behind them. The eastern redoubt was being held by Hauptmann Neile of 3 Coy. He had with him a squad of panzergrens and some stragglers. They were fanatical, but they were coming off their high of amphetamines and other "combat" drugs. They were given the order to surrender. During what little interrogation we could put them to, they taunted us with the knowledge that they were merely slowing us down to give the CO of Kampfgruppe Baluka time. While we fought, deep below the Thule Temples, Oberstleutnant Baluka had gathered ancient manuscripts and other artifacts and escaped through secret tunnels.

The ambush of the truck convoy was a bite of beavertail compared to the fighting before it. He lost no men and no orphans were injured in the quick fight.

Major Arrow sat down on a bench outside of the smouldering Thule temple, pulled out his field message pad and began to sketch his AAR, starting with the aftermath of the battle.

[Image: AAR%20screen.png]

92 of his men killed and 66 wounded and out of the fight, not to mention that Firefly that would come out of his paycheck.

It was not a fair trade; the 213 enemy dead and 76 wounded were worth only a fraction of a single life of one of his troopers. The 25 captured Thule Agents won't give up much intel. Fanatics never do. At least he can inform his superiors about the destruction of the possessed demon Kubalwagon.

Major Arrow inspected the aftermath. Bodies had to be collected, intel taken from their pockets.
[Image: final%20overview.png]

Searching the pockets of the Fwd Obs team, they found the TRPs that caused so many of his men to be blown apart.

[Image: final1.png]
The Green Redoubt with about 15 men defending until giver orders to slow us down with a surrender. Another minute and they would have all been Sten-gunned to death from either side. The second command unit only had an orderly left alive.

[Image: final2.png]

Caught in a perfect storm. The remains of 2 and 3 Coy. Between Firebase, C Coy, and A Coy flanking, these men didn't stand a chance.

[Image: final3.png]

The partial remains of 1 Coy and half of 3 Coy that came to reinforce. There are more to the left, in the muddy field. Firebase and the Vickers MGs down at LOON kept them suppressed and B Coy's hard chargers finished them off.

Major Arrow would not find out until after the war, but Oberstleutnant Baluka escaped to take command of another Kampfgruppe, with yet another Panther (and flakwagons, along with panzergrens riding halftracks) to attempt more dark rituals. Though not Paratroopers, another brave Canadian unit moved into that town to rescue it as well. It turned into an even bloodier fight.

End AAR

[Just want to thank the handful of you who made it all the way to the end. I do want to do the ARR for the parallel game with KGHammer, but I think when I do, it will be less detailed, just the highlights. Though the Warning Orders will be similar since its just swap out for most of it. History is written by the victors, so that's why it looked so easy here. Its not how I felt during. There were many times I thought Baluka had me. Not the least of when my Piat rounds did nothing to the Panther.  Any yes, I am aware of some minor historical/military inaccuracies in my retelling. I can already hear the grumbling Whistle ]

Thanks for letting me write this (you could have started a poll to get me banned if really didn't want me to finish). Jester

-Naughtkris
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: AAR CDN Para VS Baluka Super Troopers (ME QB) - by naughtkris - 12-04-2019, 03:56 AM